Highways Senior Engineer/ Starszy Projektant Drogowy - Kraków, Poland
CH2M is setting new ambitious goals to position the company to succeed further and thrive over the long term. As part of one of the goals we aim to build a strong highways team within our Krakow office to undertake local projects and to provide support to our UK and other international transportation highways operations.
The principal function of the Highways Senior Engineer is to manage projects on highway-related international projects, to assist in developing the business, and to mentor other members of staff.
- Managing highway-related projects from conceptual stages through all phases of pre- and post-contract activities.
- Technical responsibility for the development and delivery of highway schemes.
- Use highway proprietary design software such as MX, In Roads, AutoCAD and/or MicroDrainage.
- Flexibility to work on international projects and in other locations.
- Relevant accredited engineering degree at Bachelor or (preferably) Masters level.
- Chartered status of an appropriate institution.
- Good command of English.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects.
- Individual should be experienced in the scheme development, design, construction and delivery of highway schemes of significant value and be able to demonstrate a high degree of technical independence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the area of Highways design, in particular a high level of Autodesk Civil 3D.
- An understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works, including experience of producing Designer Risk Assessments and designer responses to Road Safety Audits.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge in the use of Bentley MX and / or InRoads will be an advantage
- A comprehensive understanding of the UK’s codes, DMRB and MCHW would be an advantage
- An understanding of BIM would be an advantage.
- Long term project programs and work commitments.
- Employment contract.
- Attractive benefits package and flexible working hours.
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic and developing team based on mutual trust and respect.
- Work in a group of talented and experienced engineers and world-class experts.